It's that time of year again--here's a current mini-list of sites that dispense EC in the US. (All sites require a brief telephone consultation with an affiliated physician--you do not need to find a physician on your own.)
If you ever need this information--and I hope that you're fortunate (and careful) enough that you don't--I'm adding it to my Memories, and there will be a link to it on my info page, as well. If you want to, repost it in your own journal, add any resources you know of and put it in your Memories. You never know when you (or someone who reads you) might need it.
(NOTE: Not all states allow online access to EC.)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Princeton's ever-useful Not-2-Late.com. Lots of EC resources and info in one place. You can also call 1-888-NOT-2-LATE.
Unfertilize It.com (Offers both hormonal birth control and EC.)
Get Plan B (Levonorgestrel) for $78 plus shipping.
Back Up Your Birth Control.org encourages women to keep EC on hand in case you ever need it. Accidents happen, and having EC in your medicine cabinet means no stressful 48-hour weekend wait when a 72-hour window is all you've got.
Planned Parenthood also offers online access to EC in states where it is permitted.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you past the 72 hour window? Don't freak out! There are pills the work up to 8 weeks into pregnancy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternatives to contraceptive pills/EC pills do exist, and an excellent resource is SisterZeus.com. This is a fertility awareness site with a definite emphasis on natural, herbal methods of birth control and emergency contraception. I've used herbs with great success to bring on my period if I was late or off-cycle, and I use the site's style of cycle chart to keep track of "safe(er)" days so I can tell if an "oops" is a Big Deal or if I should use a light herbal treatment, just in case. At any rate, this site is ALL about knowing your own body and knowing that there *are* things you can do for yourself. (Disclaimer: I DO NOT advocate herbs as a reliable way to prevent or terminate pregnancy, but the option is there. For little things, like drinking parsley "tea" to bring about your period if you're a bit late, it's wonderful. If you *know* you're pregnant, I say, "Get thee to a professional.")
The Kinks - Art Lover - Give the People What They Want
If you ever need this information--and I hope that you're fortunate (and careful) enough that you don't--I'm adding it to my Memories, and there will be a link to it on my info page, as well. If you want to, repost it in your own journal, add any resources you know of and put it in your Memories. You never know when you (or someone who reads you) might need it.
(NOTE: Not all states allow online access to EC.)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Princeton's ever-useful Not-2-Late.com. Lots of EC resources and info in one place. You can also call 1-888-NOT-2-LATE.
Unfertilize It.com (Offers both hormonal birth control and EC.)
Get Plan B (Levonorgestrel) for $78 plus shipping.
Back Up Your Birth Control.org encourages women to keep EC on hand in case you ever need it. Accidents happen, and having EC in your medicine cabinet means no stressful 48-hour weekend wait when a 72-hour window is all you've got.
Planned Parenthood also offers online access to EC in states where it is permitted.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you past the 72 hour window? Don't freak out! There are pills the work up to 8 weeks into pregnancy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternatives to contraceptive pills/EC pills do exist, and an excellent resource is SisterZeus.com. This is a fertility awareness site with a definite emphasis on natural, herbal methods of birth control and emergency contraception. I've used herbs with great success to bring on my period if I was late or off-cycle, and I use the site's style of cycle chart to keep track of "safe(er)" days so I can tell if an "oops" is a Big Deal or if I should use a light herbal treatment, just in case. At any rate, this site is ALL about knowing your own body and knowing that there *are* things you can do for yourself. (Disclaimer: I DO NOT advocate herbs as a reliable way to prevent or terminate pregnancy, but the option is there. For little things, like drinking parsley "tea" to bring about your period if you're a bit late, it's wonderful. If you *know* you're pregnant, I say, "Get thee to a professional.")
The Kinks - Art Lover - Give the People What They WantTags:
From:
no subject
From:
no subject